Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halfway done!

160 has been broken. My ticker finally balances at 25 pounds lost, 25 to go. I weigh 159.6 lbs.

And now comes the part of the year when it's cold. When I say to myself every day "damn, it's chillier than it was yesterday, I should have worn a sweater under the coat/worn a different coat/brought a scarf/need to get some gloves." When I sit down for class in my long sleeved shirt and after twenty minutes of not moving start incrementally adding my outdoor layers. When at home I shiver no matter how many sweaters and blankets I use, except when my furnace of a boyfriend cuddles me.

This year it'll be worse, too. My insulating fat layer will be thinner than past years and thinning all the while. My mom is always cold in winter and has always weighed no more, usually less than my goal weight. I may be doomed to follow in her footsteps. But I guess the point is I will be cold anyway and I'm currently overweight by any calculation. If I can freeze my ass off weighing 175 (as last winter) then my sense of temperature really ought to have no bearing on my weight loss efforts. And it doesn't. I'm just... not looking forward to being even colder than usual. I don't remember noticing these effects in September before either. But we had a sucky summer that came in late, never really reached its usual heights, and appears to be checking out early, yay climate change, so maybe it's not me it's the planet. I'll wear 25 pounds of sweaters if I have to this winter, but I'm not storing the weight in my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment