Friday, September 17, 2010

Sick

I'm getting a cold. This was a situation I did not think of and plan for because uh, well, I get only 2-3 colds a year and usually they don't happen in the summer, so it wasn't on my mind when I started this thing. Anyway, I always get extra hungry when I have a cold. I particularly crave salt, I imagine because I'm leaking a bunch of it in snot. I don't know if I actually need the extra calories or not, but I do know it makes me feel better to eat more. So I'm going to just say fuck it while I'm sick. I'll try to still push a deficit, any deficit, but not worry about it being 500-1000 or how I achieve it, that is, I'm also not going to worry about doing my scheduled exercise. But on that note, I have impressed myself recently. Yesterday I didn't have much time, but I really craved the feeling of sweating and loosening up, so I popped in just for 15 min on the elliptical, all I had time for. Today, even though I'm sick, I wanted to go ellipticize, so I just took a real easy pace and went through my whole playlist. Even when there are things in the way I'm finding that my body makes me want to do my exercise anyway, and that's a positive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment