Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reorientation day 2

I went to the gym this morning like I said I would. I was a little late getting out and I don't have the patience for much more than 20 minutes of elliptical without music anyway, so 20 minutes it was, which isn't the stellar 500 calorie workout I was doing before, but it's a fine chunk to slap on top of as much of a dietary deficit as I care to create.

I ate 1840 calories. With just what I was planning to eat for dinner, it could have been 1640, but I was still hungry so, after letting it sit for about 10 minutes, I decided to go ahead and have another serving of pasta. My overall balance was -408 calories. It was nice to not overthink it - I ate when I was hungry, modified my plans due to being hungry, and even indulged spontaneously in a Twix (the big bowl of candy is gone, but there are still stragglers about campus). I think I was getting a little emotionally attached to the numbers, but not counting my calories until after I've eaten them, or at least committed myself to them because that's what I have with me to eat, is really calming. It puts the focus on eating reasonably. I do want to push these last four or so pounds to meso-goal, because I really want to be normal-weight, but in terms of body image I'm basically content to not really worry about it and just let the pounds fade away, as long as I keep making progress. I've got better things to think about than whether I'm eating 1600 or 1800 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment