Sunday, October 31, 2010

Getting a little difficult

I'm increasingly falling off this wagon. My weight for the last week has looked like a sine wave. I've been exercising less, and having more and more days when I give in, say "fuck it" and go ahead and eat 2300 calories, without a good excuse.

It might be that I'm more stressed out. My other questionable coping strategies have certainly been on the rise. And nothing is going to change about that, so it'll just have to bugger off.

I'm certainly exercising less due to not having my music. I stopped doing cardio on yoga days because of genuine obligations, but I've been spotty about my cardio on other days too since my Shuffle broke. I ordered a Sansa yesterday though, so in a week or so I should back to pushing 300-500 cals a session on the elliptical while rocking out and getting my daily dose of cerebellar stimulation.

And finally, maybe I'm not eating enough. Maybe, now that I'm at a lower weight, my body is more sensitive to dietary deficit. It doesn't seem that hard if I'm in a good groove to eat 1400-1600 calories. But then there are the days when I'm pushing 1600 before dinner and I just go... gaaahh. Or when I'm on track to eat 1500, but come dinnertime I am just SO HUNGRY and figure I'd better eat what I want.

I know I had just switched to a lower-exercise, higher-diet plan, but I think I need to implement low-diet, high-exercise. I'm going to relax my standards and aim for 1600-1800 this week, and until further notice. That should still be a minor deficit, but hopefully more sustainable, and once I get my music back I can add dramatic amounts to this from exercise without increasing my appetite much. This is why exercise is important - way easier to burn 2500 calories and eat 1800 than to burn 2000 and eat 1300. Hopefully I'll feel better and be back to losing a solid pound-or-two-a-week within the next couple of weeks. Still hoping to break 150 before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment