Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Clothing sizes

Clothing sizes are always interesting. They're only moderately correlated with body weight, though, for me. I remember being a 12 at 165, then a 10 at 150, then a 12 at 180, then a 10 at 165. Um?...

I found some real 8s in a free box on my run this morning. Kind of interesting how going out to exercise causes me to find smaller clothes! I can put them on, but I have to suck in to close the front and it wouldn't be comfortable to walk around in them. My stretched-out 8s and the straight 10 I have fit just about perfectly, but they both have holes and patches and weak spots because I gained so much weight while wearing them. Meanwhile, my 12s are loose, but it would be okay for them to be that loose if not for the fact that they are high-waisted pants. High-waisted pants of an appropriate size usually are in such a state that if the butt and especially thighs would stay about the same, but the waist could be pulled in about 2 inches, then they'd be perfect. Finally, I tried on my 10P jeans again, which were patched with denim and a sewing machine so their patched spot is much stronger. They are snug but comfortable, so I'm wearing them today, and that's an improvement over a couple weeks ago when I decided they were too tight. So in my drawer arranging my pants 12-10-"8"-10P-8, the middle three fit pretty well and I've got a loose one and a tight one. Great for tracking progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment