Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I weigh every day

A lot of people recommend to weigh once a week. They say don't weigh every day, because your weight fluctuates with fluid and such.

The recommendation is also to lose 1/2 to 2 pounds a week.

So I say, if your weight fluctuates with fluid in such, then it could JUST AS EASILY make an unfavorable fluctuation on your weigh in day as any other day. You're looking for a 1-2 pound change, which is pretty much the same range as day-to-day random scatter about a stable weight, and about half as much as within-day changes. So, you can only see a trend over time. You only weigh weekly, you have 1/7 as much data and it it takes a lot longer to know if you're seeing a trend or not.

Also, cool thing: this morning the body fat reading said 36.6%. I log it as 37%, according to my previous decision on sig figs although it's been more consistent lately, but this is the first day I've rounded UP to 37%. Also, my bodyfat percentage has decreased by 1 rounded percentage point since the last time my spreadsheet calculated 107 pounds lean mass. I've lost 2.4 pounds since then, which is about 1.4% of the previous weight. It's a pretty rough calculation, but signs are looking good for mostly fat loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment