Saturday, July 24, 2010

Additional aspects of recalibration

My recalibration yesterday boosted my weight in an instant from 168 to 172.4, and raised my presumed starting weight to 184.6. Thus, some other factors are going to need numerical adjustment as well.

First, this development makes it significantly less likely that I will reach 160 by the end of the 99 days. It's possible if I sustain the same average rate I've had so far, but I wouldn't call it a realistic goal anymore. However, I should still be able to reach 165, possibly plus some change, and I do think it's still reasonable to expect 150 after the second 99 and goal by my next birthday.

The loss-percent benchmarks also change. From 184.6, 10% lost will be 166.2. From there, a compounded 10% is 149.6. Yet another 10% off that would be 134.6. These are so eerily close to important weights I've set before or recently that I may just make them my intervals. 166.2, within half a pound, is the weight at which I first questioned the appropriateness of my weight and obviously close to 165. 149.6 is extremely close to 150, to my lowest weight ever, and is just barely "normal". 134.6 would correspond to a round loss of 50 pounds total and is close to 135, my original "ideal weight".

I am not going to change my goal weight right now, since I have never succeeded in pushing below 150 before and don't want to be discouraged. But, if I do make it, I imagine that just 5 more pounds after dropping 45 will not seem like a big deal. So it's a possible additional step when I get there. As for the first two 10%'s, I think I will set my meso goals, and my official time goals at those weights, although unofficially I want to see a couple more pounds off 166.2 by the end of the first 99.

No comments:

Post a Comment