Sunday, July 4, 2010

A moment to appreciate my body even as I modify it

Moment of appreciation: I do have nice legs. I am fine walking around in my underwear and a sweatshirt. Even though my thighs and butt are storing a lot more fat than they need to, the butt-thigh-calf curve is well-shaped, and it's clear that I've always maintained a nice muscle core to them.

Back to modification; what I have eaten so far today is as follows:

1 bowl cereal and coffee with cream (100+130+20=250)
Carrot cake and coffee (200)
Tofu tikka masala over rice (100+3*30+200=390)

250+200+390=840

Today gets to be my metabolic booster day - I planned this a long time ago because I have some friends who always have a potluck on 4th of July involving many dishes from many friends and quite a bit of drinking. If I aim to eat 2200 calories today, then I have 1360 to spend - 1660 if I allow up to 2500, which I don't really want to do, but is allowed by my previous definition of my booster day. Originally, for today I was going to say fuck it, there's no way I can determine my calories at a potluck, and just go for it. But I'm going to make estimations, if crude ones, and continue to practice restraint. My available calories sound like a lot, but a lot of them will be spent on alcohol, and since there will be mostly sangria and beer, it'll be about 200 a drink. Of course, I've been such a lightweight since starting to diet that I may drink less than I usually do at this event. It's been quite convenient that way.

Ok: mental budget of 700 alcohol calories and 700 food calories for the night. It'll probably swing 600/800 one way or the other, but an even split will make it easier to keep track of in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Hey congrats on your weight loss!!!! Also planning is always good before going out so you don't go crazy, lol.
    Btw the purging isn't a habit per se, it's just some days are better than others ya know? I don't plan it, it's just sometimes it's the only way for me to feel a tad better about my day.
    You're at a great place you don't have any issues, got a straight head on your shoulders. I have a crooked head, which sure, looks better than some of the completely reversed heads some of the girls on here have but it's still crooked. I'm not gonna be perfect all the time, and things happen. But anyways, much love and I appreciate the concern. Btw, for me it's less about the cals and more for the weight of the food itself. I could eat two pounds of broccoli and sure it wouldn't be that may cals (maybe 300?) But I would probably try to "fix" it because I FEEL heavy. Sometimes the mind is stronger than the will.
    XOXO,
    Scarlet<3

    ReplyDelete