Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chill out

Here's what I ate yesterday, not that you really care...

Banana and coffee (100)
Greek yogurt with honey+berries and toast with sweet peanut butter (65+60+25+100+100=350)
Soymilk (100)
1/2 cheese sandwich and apple (100+100+100=300)
Chocolate pecan cookie (150)
Soaked almonds and 1/2 dark chocolate bar (200+95=295)
1.5 tortillas and lazy hummus (1.5*180+90+105+70=535)

100+350+100+300+150+295+535=1830

Yeah, I'm getting a little bored with the obsessive thing. I have no problem with weighing every day, counting calories and logging my food and exercise, but posting ALL of it HERE is starting to seem a little pointless. But I guess that was the point. You start off at 2x or 3x the amount of fervor that actually makes sense, so that when you get tired of it you're still doing well. It's like when my mom was training the puppy a few years ago to sit while her food was served. She would serve the food then slowly kick the bowl over the corner where it belonged. "If [the dog] thinks she has to sit there while I kick her food across the floor, then when she fails it will be at an acceptable level."

So I think I'll chill this blog out a little, still post stuff about my thoughts and lifestyle and everything, but the food journal will belong in its own posts and will probably occur once a week. I'm also obviously not losing weight fast enough to bother mentioning every day. This will become less like an ED blog and more like Diet Naked. Perhaps I'll even make an official weekly weigh-in day... like the morning of my booster day? I think that sounds like a good idea. Or post my weight vs. time chart weekly. Hmm...

At any rate, I got up at 5:30 AGAIN to run this morning. It was especially hard after going to bed circa 11:10 last night, and I wasn't at my best, but hey, it wasn't too bad either. Banana down quickly, followed by leisurely coffee, followed by the run seems to work pretty well. What's remarkable though is that this is also my strength training day. The first day I did this, I was sort of making up for the day before, and yesterday was my cardio day anyway. Today, I just decided for the hell of it that I was going to run in the morning and also go to the gym at lunch, which I did. So, go me.

Did I mention that the yoga ball my parents gave me has a leak? Now that I have money I'm looking for a store to buy one at, but it seems like they all sell online. I don't want to wait for it to ship, I want to go buy one and use it tomorrow! Other things I am going to buy soon include a Luna cup and a digital scale, and I'm thinking about a mini trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment