Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The "other scale"

After a series of gains the past few days and random bouncing around of the body fat number, I was feeling rather frustrated this morning, so I pulled out my ribbon and measuring tape for a second opinion. Since it's been a while and I may not have posted the last time I measured, here were the previous data (all in inches):

6/12: waist 34, hips 43
6/26: waist 33, hips 42, thigh 26, arm 13
7/11: waist 32 1/2, hips 42, thigh 25 1/2, arm 13

My hips haven't changed, but today my waist was 31 3/4 and my thigh was 25 even. I got varying measurements of 12 1/2 - 13 1/2 inches for my arm, even though I thought I was measuring in essentially the same spot. I therefore conclude that I can't measure my arm precisely enough to track at this juncture, and I probably shouldn't be looking for losses in girth there anyway because it's the part I'm working out for strength.

I suppose I'm lucky that my waist is one of the last places my body wants to store fat and the first place it shaves it off. It keeps me under the "danger line" of 35 inches even when I'm quite heavy. And even if your butt is the size of a planet (not quite the case here, more of a small asteroid) and your boobs clearly exemplify why you never wanted them to exceed a B cup (definitely the case, grar!), a skinny waist goes a long way toward making a girl feel sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment