Friday, July 16, 2010

Yay new toys!

Got my new yoga ball yesterday and I'm sitting on it right now! I can see how these burn energy, it's really easy to just rock back and forth, roll side to side a little CONSTANTLY. And when I get music going (very helpful when your job is computer coding), my instinct is to bounce!

I just ordered a digital scale on Amazon (along with a few other things) that was very well priced and fits all my requirements: it is accurate to 0.2 lb (biggest criterion), measures body fat by bioelectrical impedance (bonus, didn't think I'd find one for a good price that also does that), runs on AA batteries (easier to replace than lithium) and has visible foot-pads (so I don't wonder if I'm messing up the reading by standing on it wrong). Next week when I get it I will RECALIBRATE and see how messed up my analog scale really is.

The shape and feel of my arms keeps changing, and my collarbone, though not easily visible, is getting prominent enough to notice by feel. Also, I wasn't too tired getting up at 5:30 today for my run. If I run every weekday in addition to my strength workouts and weekend exercise, that's 2-3 extra runs a week which should speed this up nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment