Friday, June 25, 2010

I thought about it carefully and chose

It started yesterday.

It started with my bike breaking so I had to walk home so I got home late so I didn't have as much time to take care of things before going to bed. I was tired doing my planning and so I thought like this:

2 eggs on 1 toast, yogurt, and espresso with milk (140+100+140+20=400)
Apple (100)
Pasta and canned beans with cheese (400+220+100=720)
2 fruit grain bars (2*130=260)

This was perfect. Good solid breakfast, nice big lunch with protein, reasonable snacks. So then I try to think of dinner... I have about 400 calories left to spend... geez there's really nothing around that I can prepare quickly... I know!

Ramen (380)

So there I am at 1860 and I bring the food to work. Yum lunch. The fruit grain bars are basically cookies, y'know, carbful not-very-satisfying little buggers that have HFCS as the first ingredient, but oh well, they're small and they're just snacks and I eat them with tea so they work. But the ramen, the ramen just is too much. Same category. Carb noodles with no protein. Delicious salty broth, too, but ramen is just not as filling as its 380 calories should make it.

So I haven't even left work yet and I'm thinking man, I want more food, sucks that I'm already at about the top of my limit. I know there's ice cream at home. Take the bus home and take it out of the freezer.

My boyfriend's gone, I'm lonely, I'm bored, all sorts of brain chemicals are low and I'd smoke pot if I had some but my person wasn't answering, what else am I going to do?

I open the box. Well let's just see how much there is left, that's probably about a cup, which would be two servings for 280 calories. Could I just make today my booster day? No, that doesn't work, you have to frontload those calories in the morning.

I take out the 1 cup measure and put the ice cream in it. It doesn't fill it up. I take out the 1/2 cup measure and transfer the ice cream. It fits perfectly.

1860+140=2000 exactly.

I'm okay with that.

Creamy yum.

--

Weight: 174, exercise: 1.0 miles jog on the path through the wildlife preserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment