Saturday, June 12, 2010

Unknown calories

I'm going out to breakfast, but the place doesn't seem to post nutrition facts online. The trouble is usually I eat a 300-400 calorie breakfast (I just don't need that much to get going at first) and a plate from these guys is probably around 1000. So I'll re-estimate when I order and see the food, and then I'll do the classic restaurant trick that I've never actually used before: get a to-go container BEFORE I start eating and put away half of it. That way I probably only eat about 500 cals for breakfast and then I'll have a ready to go meal for later and hopefully I get to the same point in my day where I usually am before I hit 1000.

Coffee is calorie-free though if I take it black, or not a big deal if I go easy on the cream. I plan to run later too. And my morning weight for today is 178 - not that that means much, of course, but we'll see how it varies over days and weeks. No harm in just checking up on it, and it's good to get morning values anyway (before eating, after the bathroom, in underwear) because they're the lightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment