Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Much success

My food plan for today worked so well that I'm going to eat essentially the same things tomorrow:

1 bowl cereal (100+150=250)
Apple (100)
String cheese (60)
Baked macaroni and cheese (450)
Yogurt (140)
2 slices bread (200)
Carrot and celery sticks (50)
2 tbsp peanut butter (200)
Tofurky (100)
8 oz milk (150)
Various tea and lots of espresso (0)

250+100+60+450+140+200+50+200+100+150=1700

It was amazing what happened when I had the carrot and celery sticks. It doesn't seem like they could actually be filling - certainly they've failed at that before - but they were. I think the dip (cream cheese) had something to do with it. It was tasty and a bit fatty, which makes you feel satisfied in one way, but the main part of the volume was coming from water and fiber. So there I am going "huh, I feel like I ate a good meal and I haven't even finished my 100 calories of cream cheese." There's no more cream cheese so tomorrow we do peanut butter instead, which is twice as caloric but I'm planning on a lighter breakfast so it balances out. Also, since my breakfast involves milk, I'm not taking as much milk with me, so I added a string cheese to partly make up those calories, and traded egg for tofurky for some variety - but the lunch and basic dinner/snack box are the same. Friday will have to be different because there will be no more leftovers...

All I did for exercise today was jump-roping on my breaks. It got my heart rate up for sure, and I made sure to stick at it for several sets at a time, but I'm not really sure if it counts for much. Tomorrow I will make time for weights/strength training, and on Friday I want to do a real goddamn run.

No comments:

Post a Comment