Saturday, June 26, 2010

Since I'm doing so well let's lay down some time goals

I didn't expect to maintain 174 from yesterday, but I did. Hellz to the yeah.

I also decided to start measuring my arms and thighs, since they are holding a lot of my fat right now. If/when I hit a weight plateau, it'll be nice to have an additional index of my progress. Today: thigh 26, arm 13, waist & hips same as last time.

As previously stated, my medium goals are 165 and 150. I'm calling my final goal 140 for now, and I consider my micro goals to be every 5 pounds (6 for the first one just because I started at an odd number). So I have already reached the first microgoal of 175.

My spreadsheet, as I've mentioned, can currently hold 99 days of data which will bring me to the first couple weeks of school. In the first 99 days, I would like to reach 160 - that's meso goal #1 plus 1 microgoal, 21 pounds. In the second 99 days (up to Winter Solstice) I want to lose 10 more pounds to meet meso goal #2, 150. Finally, in the next 118 days after that, by my 21st birthday, I want to lose the last 10. Of course, it's really up to my body and not me, but I think these are realistic times. It would be a really great birthday present to myself to feel slim, hot, and healthy for the big 21! Then I'll move into various phases of maintenance.

I know most people gain back weight they lose because they go back to old habits. They go on a diet and they go off the diet. I think that those factors won't influence me so much for a few reasons. Number one, the way I'm eating and exercising right now isn't a burden. 1800 calories a day doesn't feel bad. Exercising will be difficult once I go back to school, but I'm going to go back to school before I finish losing this weight anyway, so I'll learn how to make it fit. Number two, the last time I really had control over my own food, I lost weight without trying. Living with my parents and living in dorms both created conditions in which it was hard to eat in tune with my body's needs - I didn't get fat by being left to my own devices. On the other hand, I'm not entirely on my own this time - making my skinny-ass boyfriend understand that I actually have to pay attention to what I eat is an ongoing process. (Rant on how men just don't get it can happen later.) Number three, it seems to me like having a trim body is the perfect motivation to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I always feel like there's something very bothersome about eating healthy and exercising and not having the body that should match that lifestyle. But having the lifestyle and body should strength your self-esteem, like, I'm doing this good thing and getting the reward for it. Also, things get easier for simple mechanical reasons - a lighter runner can be speedier and puts less stress on her joints, twisting and stretching works better when you don't have fat rolls in the way, my boyfriend might actually be able to pick me up if I only weighed 20 pounds more than him rather than 50. (I'll never weigh less than his 120.)

No comments:

Post a Comment