Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yeah baby keep it going strong

Weighed in at 174 again, yay! For yesterday:

Cereal, yogurt, and espresso (100+160+140=400)
Apple (100)
Sandwich (2*100+100+50=350)
Soaked almonds and 2 Coke Zeros (200+2*0=200)
Popcorn and iced tea (140+60=200)
A little milk to take away the hot pepper burn (20)
Rice and beans with cheese (200+200+100=500)

400+100+350+200+200+20+500=1770 (w00t under 1800)

and some "above legs resistance training", which is basically the same as the "weights and crunches" I've been reporting, but more general. I changed my description because I'm not just using weights anymore (I started using some of the machines) and I did some leg lifts in addition to crunches for my abs. What's really cool is I found a machine that allows you to do pull-ups with assistance weight. So, I can do my pull-ups with a net 30 pounds and build strength that way until I can actually lift my body weight.

I've decided I'd like to be fit enough to do push-ups, pull-ups, and crunches in virtually unlimited capacity, and to run 3 miles in 30 minutes 3 times a week. Then my lean-maintenance routine will be very simple - I just do a large-ish set (like 50) of each strength exercise every day, which I know doesn't take long when you can actually do those things. If I get to the 3 miles in 30 minutes point, I might try to push it to 5 miles in 45 eventually, which would keep me in the shape to undertake any bike trip I want and train for a competitive footrace if I wanted to.

You know what's dreamy? It's getting easier. It's getting easier to say no thanks, just a little, just one, this instead. Yeah, progesterone was fueling mad cravings (not even specific ones, just the feedmefeedme urge) but I feel that lifting up. I put a cup of cereal and 1/2 a cup of milk a bowl this morning and thought, that's not a bad serving. I ate two anyway because 180 calories isn't enough for breakfast, but I always used to think cereal box servings were ridiculous. A quarter cup of nuts, if you actually measure it out and put it in a jar to take with you, is plenty. A half cup of ice cream does not constitute pitiful deprivation. It's getting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment